Carson got a haircut the other night. It wasn't planned. Usually my mom cuts his hair but he's never allowed her to use the clippers. For some reason he liked our friend who was cutting her kids hair and wanted his cut. Five minutes and a few cookies later his hair was short. It's shorter than I'd like, but thankfully it will grow. Next time we won't cut it quite so short. 
This is me at 17 weeks. Things are still going well. This week most of my co-workers started mentioning my pregnancy to me. They've been wondering for a few weeks, but this week the clothes I've worn have really made it obvious. I'm staying healthy and have plenty of energy. Still hearing a strong heartbeat, though it is a little nerve wracking at times tyring to find it for more than a few seconds. This little bugger moves fast and frequently.
So here's the stats for 17 weeks:
How far along: 17 weeks 1 day
Weight gain: 1 pound in last two weeks so 9 pounds total
Size of baby: Size of a mango (Yum!)
Cravings: Strangely enough comfort food! Last week I HAD to have KFC! I never eat KFC normally, but I always crave it when I'm pregnant! It was SO good to taste again! I topped it off with a chocolate Blizzard! Chocolate and good home cooking have been on the menu this week. Thank goodness all that good stuff isn't sticking to me much.
Movement:Yes! I'm getting very definite bumps and nudges. Baby C doesn't like it when I'm crouching or bending over for long. I was pruing my roses this last week and weeding when the weather was nice, and I was definitely being told to let baby have some room! It was great to feel!
Good moment: Hearing the heartbeat still is the best thing. I'm getting good at following the baby as it moves around. I did catch baby resting last night and got to just listen for 5+ minutes!
What I want back: I would love to sleep on my stomach comfortably again. I'm starting to need to switch from one side to the other and only wish I could sleep on my stomach for a while. It would be so nice. Wearing my compression hose isn't fun each day, but they do make a difference. I didn't want to battle with them today, so I left them off. I was teaching so I put my feet up and moved around lots, but my legs sure do ache. I'm back in them tomorrow for my workout!
2 comments:
You guys are both so cute!! Baby Mango & bald boy! I think Carson's hair cut actually is pretty cute!
XOXO
Aunt Barb
I love this shirt.
Post a Comment