Friday, June 18, 2010

34 weeks



There were no major calamities yesterday, so things were good at the doctor. Things are all still healthy, though if I eat lots of junk food I've discovered I swell up with water the next day and that it's not fun. In the last two weeks I've survived a 12 field trip with my 7th graders to Mt. St. Helens, and even endured the 5 hours spent on a bus getting there and back. The staff at school had a baby shower for me and I got lots of things to use, but mostly diapers and wipes, which will be used well by this baby. I should be writitng thank yous to everyone right now instead of writing this, but I'm a natural procrastinator. Nesting is really starting to set in and I can barely wait a few more days until school is out to start on stuff at home. I've got a long mental list, but the two things that are driving me the craziest are the cobwebs and the dust bunnies. It takes true resistance not to grab something and swipe them up. I keep telling myself that after Monday (last day of school) I'm free to clean at home as much as I can.

Sleep is becoming more and more difficult to get in long stretches. I'm waking up usually every two hours for something or other. Usually I need to pee, or Cooper has the hicups or is moving liek crazy. This last week it's been because I'm hungry at 2 am or when Carson has woken Tony and I up. Rolling over in bed is increasingly difficult, and I need to roll often because lying on one side gives me heartburn, but lying on the other side for long periods makes my back and sciatic nerve really hurt. Thankfully this next week I can start making up some of the sleep by napping when my boys do.

Stats for this week are:

How far along: 34 weeks

Weight Gain:+1 pound so 33 total. I gained some water weight with the swelling, but then lost five pounds over the next few days as I flushed it all out of my system

Cravings: Protein! I've been wanting cheese and ice cream, though chocolate is never turned down

Contractions: Lots of practice ones now, some strong enough to take my breath away. I'm not worried about them though. The worst ones are at night and wake me up. Not fun!

Good Moment: Feeling movement is still my best moments. It is uncomfortable some of the time getting poked in sensitive parts, but just knowing my baby is healthy and strong is reassuring even now. Colten and Carson love to feel Cooper move and like to talk to my belly and see it "grow" corners. Tony isn't into the baby thing really though.

What I miss: several hours of un-interrupted sleep in a row. I know it is supposed to be "practice" for when baby arrives, but I'm not only waking up, but then unable to return to sleep so I need to get as much as I can!

No comments: