Monday, July 19, 2010

Ready to POP!

Yeah, that's me. I am ready to pop! I've been so good about not complaining about the aches and pains of being pregnant (I wouldn't let myself), this post will most likely be the whiniest so far. I am exhausted and ready to have this baby NOW! I am sore and achy with every step or move I make. Sleep is almost impossible; I average only 4-5 hours a night. I'm up frequently to pee, my waddle is SO noticeable, and my temper is nasty. Cooper has dropped which is good, but I still can't breath deeply and get lots of rib pain from his bottom and legs bruising the inside of my ribs. All that said, here's my (hopefully last) stats.

How far along: 38 weeks!
Weight Gain: +3 pounds, so I'm at almost 40 pounds total. Pretty good for me!
Cravings: Pineapple and cottage cheese
Contractions: Oh Yeah! The regularly start at 3-4 a.m. and then fizzle out once I have to get up and start my day. They HURT and get my attention but don't progress into labor, but have made progress!
Dilation and effacement: 2 cm and 50%! That was the best news this last week.
Good moments: Being told I'm at least progressing, Cooper has DROPPED (which accounts for all the back and pelvic pain I'm getting), and my doctor told me we will talk an induction date at this week's appointment on Thursday! I'd much rather go into labor on my own, but I'm so miserable I'm ready to be forced into labor. I'm still loving every time he moves, even when it wakes me up.
What I miss: Sleep, walking comfortably, breathing, clothes fitting.... so many to choose from. All of those are things I miss, but still, knowing that the end is coming soon (in 2 weeks) I can still revel in the good times.

1 comment:

Lena said...

So happy for you, those last few days are mostly full of aches and pains, but the reward is near.

Thinking of you and hoping Cooper's arrival will be as smooth as delivery can be. Hugs!