How did it happen that I am a mother of an 8 year old boy?! It seems like just yesterday I was sending you off to preschool. You are no longer my little boy, but a big boy with definite boy interests.
You really like your Nintendo DS video games, riding your bike, and bugging your little brothers. You are so independent and do so many things on your own. Your favorite thing to do around the house is to go outside and play in the treehouse or the woods, looking at bugs and flowers. You've grown so big you no longer really fit on my lap to snuggle at all. It seems you are all arms and legs now. It also shows in your appetite too. I'm having to offer you seconds at dinner to make sure you get enough to eat. You'll eat just about anything too. Your attitude has also grown, but not in a good way. More and more often I am having to ask you to improve the attitude and be nicer to your brothers. It isn't easy to get you to do something you really don't want to do. You do chores, though you don't like them, but what you detest the most is the homework. I have the most difficult time getting you to complete homework.
This year for your birthday you wanted to celebrate at Chuck E. Cheese's. We invited friends and family and had your party at the end of spring break. You'd been telling your grandma you wanted a monster truck birthday cake, so that's was she made for you. You had the time of your life at your party.
No comments:
Post a Comment