Several weeks ago Tony told me his friend's cat had had kittens and the boys really wanted one. I said that we could get one, even before our cat Bob disappeared. This week he was ready to come home and "Blue" joined the family. I love kittens and am a softy for them. It has been five years since we got our last kittens and similar to babies, I've forgotten how much work they can be. So far Blue has adjusted well to life in our crazy house. He was named Blue because he looks similar to a Blue Russian cat breed. He has soft grey fir and big yellow eyes. They boys have a great time playing with him and laughing at his antics. He sleeps in our room and howls if he doesn't have company. Our other cat, Wendel, is curious about him, but Blue wants nothing to do with other cats. Poor Wendel wants to be friends but has been ousted from his soft bed by a kitten a fraction the size of him. I'm hoping once Blue relaxes a bit more at night we can put him in the garage and let Wendel in for some alone time.
Blue loves to play and chase things. Right now he's avidly watching my fingers on the keyboard and pounces on them when they get close to him. My hands are covered with scratches; those baby claws and teeth are so sharp! He sure likes to snuggle too. I've woken up several times the last few nights with Blue wrapped around my neck. He purrs really loud when you snuggle with him too.
Today was Blue's first day outside at our house. We have to be careful with so many places for a kitten his size to hide or get stuck, and lots of dangerous critters at night who would eat him. Here's a few pictures I managed to snap before he attacked me.
I woke him up from his nap in this one. You can tell he wasn't happy about it.
He really likes batting at my flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment