I was watching the news this last week and it said that a majority of people were disappointed with 2011 and were looking for a better year in 2012. I am looking forward to a better year. 2011 hasn't been a terrible devastating year like it has been for some people, but it has challenged me in ways I've never thought I would be. In 2011 my family has been torn apart by divorce and put back together. I've learned lessons in love and how precious love can be and that I can't be sweating about the small stuff, when bigger things are what count. I've learned so much about forgiveness, honesty, and what really matters most in a marriage.
I'd love to say that Tony and I are completely different people and we've resolved all our problems, but that isn't true. We're the same people we were a year ago, we've just learned to tolerate each other's differences. Instead of spending time upset and resenting Tony for not helping out more around the house, I'm happy he's playing with the boys so I have time to get housework done. I'm learning to enjoy things that Tony enjoys and while I may not enjoy the same things, I'm at least understanding why he enjoys them.
It has been a long hard year, but it means 2012 can only be better.
My 2011 soundtrack would include "Stronger" by Sara Evans, and "God gave me you" by Blake Shelton. Both songs clearly describe what 2011 was like for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment