Sunday, June 3, 2012

An end of many things... in a good way

 So many things have been happening in our house and the last place I've taken time to record them is here.  I've apologized before for my neglect, but I know it will happen again. 
It is almost June, which is crazy-time for me being a teacher.  It also means the end (and beginning) of so many things.

Colten is almost finished with 2nd grade.  This year has been a great year for him.  He has grown so much in his skills and his confidence.  He loves PE and science, and tolerates math.  He doesn't like reading, though it's not as big a chore as it was last year, and it is like pulling teeth to get my kid to write sometimes. 
Colten will be going on to 3rd grade next year and it will be a big change.  He will go to an entirely different building, with teachers and a principal I'm not familiar with.  He'll also be going on without his best friend and we're hoping to foster some good friendships next year. Colten is also almost done with Cub Scouts for the year.  He's got camp this summer, but the meetings are done and he's earned his wolf badge.  He's already got his stuff ready to be a bear next year and my mom is chomping to get started helping Colten earn things.

Carson graduated from his pre-school last week.  It was packed with proud grandparents and family and Carson will be going on to kindergarten next year at the primary school.  He is excited and I know he is going to LOVE it.  He was so proud at the kinder-testing day to show off his best skills to Colten's old teacher and was really excited to meet the PE teacher, even more excited that the teachers all knew he was Colten's little brother!
The thing Carson is looking forward to the most is riding the school bus!  I'm happy to let him since he'll be only 1/2 day so it will certainly save our sitter some driving time. 

Cooper has been growing so much lately.  The kid is fearless! He has a love for everything his brothers are doing, even if that means climbing ladders and riding quads.  I'm fearing the inevitable ER visits with this child. 
One of the biggest changes for Cooper has been this last week.  He has (finally) given up nursing.  It wasn't a real sudden thing, and was somewhat motivated by me, but last night Cooper let me put him to sleep for the first time in almost 21 months without nursing first.  He still is my snuggle bug and is always ready with his blanket to cuddle up, but he is no longer insistent about nursing.  It's a good thing too.  I'm ready to have my body back to being all mine and getting my body and mind back on track this summer.  Cooper nursed the longest of all my boys, and though I miss it sometimes, I get the some great snuggles still.

No comments: