I never thought I would say it but I was happy to go back to work today and leave my husband at home with the childer! My weekend was the worst one ever and couldn't end soon enough.It all started with a wonderful playdate with all the girlfriends and their great kids. My husband even made me dinner Saturday night to make up for his lack of Valentine's day present. He really cooked! Having cooking magazines lying around really helps!
Then just as I was falling asleep that night, Carson wakes up. Tony went up to rock him and I hear him call, "Em, really need your help!"
I'm slowly going up the stairs wondering what lame thing he needs help with when I smell it; vomit! Uh! That is the last thing I wanted to deal with! We get Carson changed and cleaned up and start a load of laundry to wash. Just as we were getting back to sleep he cries out again, and he had puked again. Being the nice wife I told hubby to go back to sleep and turn off the monitor and I'll stay up with baby. Carson woke up every 1/2 hour until 6:00 am! Finally tired of doing laundry, I put kiddo in bed with me and got really good at sitting him upright and catching the vomit in burp clothes. By morning baby and I were exhausted and smelled of puke!
Just as baby was getting more sleep and feeling better, I had to race for the bathroom myself. I didn't sleep Sunday night because of my frequent trips to the bathroom.

Not only was being sick bad enough, but the roof was ripped off our garage for the weekend. Now, if I knew good weather was happening and that rain was coming in soon, I'd be working hard as a contractor to get the floor on the addition up before the rain. Obviously my contractor doesn't think like that. He showed up at 10:00 yesterday and left before 4:00. Nice short work days! Now it's supposed to rain tonight and I don't know if all the sheetrock in my garage will get soaked or what! I'd love to complain, but I don't want him walking off the job. Also, his family helps babysit my kids, so pissing off the family wouldn't be great either.
So last night I'm sitting in the kitchen feeding a now-well Carson, and Colten comes running down the stairs from his bath crying. After calming him down I find out that he threw up in his bath. I get things cleaned up and sterlized and Colten and Carson watching TV, and Colten tells me he wants a drink from the bathroom. He throws up again!! I called the sitter and told her not to worry about my kids for today, and told husband to call in sick. My wonderful man slept upstairs to be close in case Colten got sick in the night. I went up this morning and found them snuggled up on the floor with their puke bowl between them. My husband is now the final vicitim of the illness. He was sounding horrible this morning before I kissed him on the forehead and left for work!
No comments:
Post a Comment