Saturday, February 2, 2008

Not quite as planned

Last night didn't go quite as I had planned it. My husband was staying at a sleep clinic for his sleep problems and I had the house and boys to myself. I thought I'd sleep all night, and even be able to sleep in before my husband came home this morning well rested and ready to watch the boys while I worked out. It was a nice dreamy plan, but not to be. The boys went to bed on time and with minimum fuss. I was asleep by 9:30. 1:00 am: MEOW! The cats wake me up because their food bowl was emtpy. I had been a little lonely so I let them sleep with me. I finally get back to sleep after booting both Bob and Wendel to the garage. 5:30 am: Carson wakes up cranky!! He had a poopy, leaky diaper and I had to change his diaper and clothes. Finally after a quick bottle he's back asleep and I stumble down the stairs to my room. 5:40: "Mommy, I heard something scary and I need to go potty now!" Colten tells me just as I got back in bed. After helping him take care of business and tuck him back in, he goes back to sleep. I get another hour of sleep before my groggy husband came home and went back to sleep in bed. I took pity on the poor man and let him sleep the morning away while I took the kids and worked out. At least he was very appreciative and watched the boys this afternoon so I could relax and enjoy lunch and a book to myself.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Well done, Momma. And such a sexy, handy husband with a chain saw! Nice!