Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The joys of chores!

This weekend was a big weekend for chores, but they didn't all go well. I started out Saturday washing laundry and forgot to check all the pockets. I usually give pants a pat down to feel out any possible problems, but I don't usually put my hand into each individual pocket. I should start doing it though. After watching my ipod(that had been lost for a week) fall out of Colten's pocket and into the washing machine, I should have known better. Well, I washed my husband's appointment calendar. Not such a big deal, it is cheap and replaceable. The next load of laundry had been on the closet floor for a week so I just tossed it in, without checking pockets. Will I never learn?!? Tony's new cell phone, one week old, happened to be in the pocket of the old clothes. He had been out painting and had picked up the old pair of pants off the closet floor. He had only 1/2 hour before taken the pants off and put them back on the floor, but with the cell phone in it. We tried to get the phone to dry out, but after a wash and rinse cycle, it just wasn't going to happen. Even worse, we have to pay to replace the phone since it was a work phone and Tony gets a letter of reprimand in his file. For some reason the mayor thinks he was irresponsible. I really should get the letter, not Tony. I was the bad wife. So, did I learn my lesson? I hope so. I'll probably start checking pockets until the next time I get in a hurry and forget. Only 25 work days until summer!! Thank goodness!

No comments: