Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gotta love neighbors!

When you live on 5 acre parcels you don't know your neighbors very well. We have gotten to know the people we bought our lot over the last four years. They live in the development and are a short hike up the hill. We've gone to each other's house for dinner and say hi regularly. It is nice because the two youngest kids are close to Colten's age. The kids and Colten LOVE to play together.
These neighbors just recently started going to our church. They have invited Colten up for afternoons to play before, but now, since Colten and the younger kids are in the same class together at church, they have invited Colten to ride home with them and play for the afternoon! Not once, but now twice!!
It is nice to have time to get things done without interruptions from Colten. I love hanging out with my boys, but since Colten doesn't nap it makes nap time really interesting at our house. I'm hoping they can wear him out before sending him home later.
I was worried about Colten going to play in nice clothes, but they offered to have him change into some of their old clothes to play outside! I love having nice neighbors with kids! Colten loves it too!

Today was another first for me. It's been four months since losing Taylor, and for the first time I was able to go through a service without crying my eyes out! I did tear up once looking at the very pregnant gal sitting near some friends, but the tears didn't fall. The healing is happening, just not the way I thought it would.

No comments: