Today we went to the Hands On Children's Museum in downtown. Since I had the day off and it was Carson's birthday, I decided to try out the place with both my kids. The museum is a collection of rooms with different themes, filled with toys for
role playing and pretending. It was perfect for both boys.

Carson really enjoyed the construction room, complete with a small dump truck and rocks to load up in it.

The next room had a
waterflow table with all sorts of pieces to create channels and dam up the water. Even better was the boats and fish to watch flow downstream. I couldn't get
Colten out of the water. He loved it and fussed about leaving it.

Next to the water table (notice the wet shirt!) there was a play boat complete with engine room, bells, intercoms, and all things nautical. It even had a complete little galley where Carson made me lunch.

Carson really enjoyed the toy bus, complete with
swing out stop sign.
Colten joined Carson to help drive the bus. This area had a garden area and market with produce, boxed goods, bakery, and meat department. It even had baskets for shopping and real play money and cashiers for the kids to buy things.
Colten really liked the hospital, complete with x-rays, ambulance to drive, and even a dentist office with a real dental chair.
Even though we got to the museum when it opened, it was packed the two hours we were there. Preschool groups came in and there were lots of parents groups. Of course there were lots of pregnant women and babies. Surprisingly, I was ok with the bellies, once I noticed them. Maybe it was because they were complete strangers, but I didn't obsess over it or get really uncomfortable. It could also be that I was too busy chasing after my 2 boys to really worry about it.
We are heading to Wenatchee tomorrow morning, so I'd better get packing quick.
No comments:
Post a Comment