Saturday, September 26, 2009

Finally did it

I cleaned up what was Carson's old room and was hoped to be a baby's room this year. Carson's been out of his crib and in his big boy room since June, so I finally found the motivation to put everything baby away. All summer long my plan was to sand and paint my old toybox to match the dresser and book shelf already in the room. I kept thinking that I would get pregnant by the end of summer and so not to put everything up or take it apart.

Since that never happened, and the toybox never got painted, I decided today to simply put it all up. All my cloth diapers, stuffed animals, baby bedding and Noah's Ark theme stuff is packed up and in the closet. I even took apart the crib. It won't fit in the closet with everything else in there, but the room no longer looks like I should walk in with a baby any minute.

Colten was very concerned to see me taking the crib apart and wanted to know what the baby will sleep in. I didn't have the heart to explain to him that there likely won't be a baby to sleep in it. Since I haven't gotten pregnant in the 7 months we've been trying, I'm certainly not likely to get pregnant in the next 7 months either. The soonest I would ever need any of that stuff (if ever again) would be spring of 2011. Putting it all away was a big move but a good one. Maybe I'll get around to selling it eventually, but it might take another year for me to give up all hope to do that.

1 comment:

Mrs.EmmaLouise said...

I think thats a step in the right direction. Maybe that will be the good luck you need. ((HUGS))