Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"How can I pray for you?"

I've been asked this question many times this past year. I started out asking for prayer to accept the loss of Taylor. Last spring I asked for prayer that I get pregnant soon. This summer I asked for answers to know what was causing my infertility issues. I was asked this question last week, and I didn't know how to respond.

How can you pray for me? Pray for:
-my friends with babies and bellies to understand why I don't want to see them, read their blogs or facebook updates, or talk to them right now, and I don't know when I will.

-that I can get over this bitterness and anger I'm feeling right now towards all things baby related

-that friends and family stop giving unwelcome advice. It is obvious after 8 failed months that relaxing, supplements, alternative health care (accupuncture & chiropractic) DON'T WORK. Most of you don't know what I'm experiencing and since even my doctor no longer knows what's wrong, STOP telling to try something that worked for you, your friend, etc..

-that next week goes quickly and I cope with my one year anniversary of Taylor's death

-I stop crying daily when I have time to stop and think

-that I can someday re-friend all my pregnant friends that I've removed from my facebook

-I can grieve and get through the loss of my dream of wanting another baby

-for my husband to know what an amazing partner he has been this last year, especially putting up with my wild hormones and trying for another baby when he doesn't want another

-for my doctor to have some answers why this last year has been happening to me. I already know I'm healthy, tell me something new!

-that I can be happy again and stop stressing about things I can't control

So instead of asking me what you can pray for, pray for something on this list. I'm trying to stop stressing and telling people constantly that I'm "fine" is getting old.

No comments: