The doctor said everything is going well. I said I was hungry ALL the time, and she said that's fine since my belly has grown lots. She had a tough time finding the heartbeat and I tried to stay calm. Once she found it, it came through fast and strong. The baby was just sitting low. I complained about my legs starting to ache, so I've now got the Rx for some attractive maternity support hose. Not normal pantyhose, support hose. I've had these before, and they make my legs feel good, but it takes 20+ minutes to get them on, even longer the bigger the belly gets, and they are NOT good looking. I'll wear them though if they keep the varicose veins away.
So here's the stats:
How far along:15 weeks 1 day
Weight Gain: +4 pounds (so 8 pounds total so far)
Size of the baby: about the size of an avacado
Movement: Yes! I felt a few soft kicks and flutters this last week. They aren't regular and seem to happen whem I'm supposed to be focused on other stuff, like teaching.
Good moment: There have been several of these! Feeling movement was great. Lying on my back and noticing that my belly has a definite curve to it! Last week my students began asking if I was expecting so now they are excited with me. I've noticed I've got more energy and am able to eat more so I snack less. The nausea still hits me at times, but not nearly enough to slow me down!
What I wish I could change: I wish I could get my underwear to fit better. I've never bought maternity underwear, ever! This time I've noticed it's getting tight fast, and I can't just push it down below my belly. The worst thing about this is that the underwear is irritating and causing me to get in-grown hairs where it rubs. I found one of these this morning, and it looks like a HUGE zit on my belly. NOT what I want to see and deal with.
Next appt: BIG ultrasound March 3rd, doc's appt March 4th.
4 comments:
I think that my Grandma used to wear hose like that... ;-D
beautiful!
Yup, you've definitely popped! Adorable belly!
I gave in and bought maternity undies from Old Navy last time and they were the best things ever. Ever. I am ashamed to admit that I still have a pair that I wear once in awhile. So comfy :)
Jody is right you definitely popped this week.
Post a Comment