Friday, April 2, 2010

23 weeks update and surprise ultrasound!


I am 23 weeks this week. I had my regular dr appt yesterday and all was well. Baby Cooper was as wiggly as usual, but the doc was having a tough time finding the heartbeat on her worn out doppler. She could find my heartbeat and see Cooper moving around, but couldn't get his heartbeat. I was fine with ending the appointment there, but she was on a mission. She offered to have me go over to the ultrasound room and find my stubborn baby's heartbeat there. I wasn't about to turn down an extra ultrasound, so over I went, following my doc.
I found out that Cooper was sitting head up, with his legs tucked up by his belly, with his back to the outside. I've been feeling lots of pressure, and it is from him pushing his legs against my back and his bottom pushing my belly out. This happens about a dozen times a day, so it seems to be the latest entertainment in-utero for my guy. My doc couldn't find the heartbeat because it was directly under my belly button. Since we didn't get any good profile shots last time, I got some pictures of him this time. It was really cool to watch him yawn, as if he were bored with everyting going on and wanted it over. Here are my stats for the last two weeks.
How far along: 23 weeks
Weight Gain: Maybe a pound, so I'm up 17-18 total, which is good for how far along I am. I think running out of Girl Scout cookies and jelly beans helped.
Cravings:Nothing really that I HAD to have. It's been nice.
Contractions: I added this one in because I've been getting random Braxton Hicks contractions. They are never repeatitive, and are more of my body telling me to slow down, drink some water, and put my feet up.
Good Moments: Seein my little guy again of course! I also love sitting down at the end of the day with my feet up and feeling the movement all over. It is fun guessing what way he is positioned.
What I miss: Being able to get up from lying down without doing some strategic shifting of my weight and a plan to get up without hurting something. It sure makes life with my boys interesting, but I love the recliner because I can get up so much easier.

No comments: