How far along: 30 Weeks! Only 2 more months to go. It is amazing how little time I have left of being pregnant!
Weight gain: +2 pounds (so up 27 total) not bad for crazy travel eating and chocolate cravings
Cravings: chocolate still. The thing I can't do without now is Whoppers candy. Chocolate anything is good. My sweet tooth is still going crazy. Cheese anything is always good too.
Contractions: Sometimes when I'm tired
Belly Button: Definitely out, all the time now
Good Moment: So many moments, but the best ones were when my Mom and SIL got to feel my little guy move! It's awesome for me to feel this baby move, but even better or my mom and family to feel him.
What I miss: Breathing and sitting comfortably. It is increasingly difficult to sit at dinner or work and be able to breath or not get jabbed in someplace sensitive.
These last few weeks have been great, but this last week in particular was a turning point for me in this pregnancy. I got my first baby gift on Mother's day from a friend at church. I haven't given much thought to baby stuff because I've got almost everything I need and the school year is so busy I'm mentally putting off thinking about anything baby right now. I got the cutest diaper bag filled with a blanket, lovey, and book. It got me in the mood to pull out all the nursery stuff and start putting it together.
This last week I have stopped thinking "if I have this baby" and now it is "when I have this baby". I don't know what caused the change, but I suddenly feel that I know all the secrets of the world. I'm relaxed and love to just sit and watch my boys play. I marvel at how blessed I am as a mommy to have such great kids, and to feel the one growing inside me. As tight as I know things are getting for baby, I love to just sit and feel all the little feet, hands, and knees squirming and trying to make more room to stretch. I can't believe how this time is flying by. In roughly 2 months this guy will be here and life will be different again. How I can't wait for him to get here, but I know he needs all the time he can to grow big and even stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment