Friday, July 2, 2010

36 weeks and progress!

I am 36 weeks pregnant! At my appointment yesterday my doctor said that if I were to go into labor she wouldn't stop it. I am considered almost FULL TERM! My doctor confirmed Cooper is head down, but hasn't dropped at all. I'm 1 cm dilated, but not effaced. When this baby drops, then I will start effacing more. This is still more progress than I expected. I wasn't even a full 2 cm dilated when I went into labor with Carson so I'm hoping this baby will get things moving sooner and not later than July 29th.

This baby is growing so fast and is quickly running out of room in my belly. His movements have slowed down due to the lack of room, but when he moves I notice it, painfully.

I'm trying to stay busy and not get too cranky with the boys. I'm trying to walk a couple times a week with my mom, but today walking 1 1/2 miles was tough. My patience is wearing out, sleep is becoming challenging, and just moving around is uncomfortable.

I've been working hard to get baby things out of the attic, washed, and put out. Last Friday night I had lots of contractions and they were regular enough I was wondering if I would be heading to the hospital unprepared. By Sunday Tony had brought down all the baby stuff and I got Cooper's room all ready and set up. I also went shopping for the few things still needed; new binkies, bottle liners and nipples, and some nursing stuff for me. I still have quite a long "nesting" list, but none of the things on it is in any way vital to caring for a baby.

How far along: 36 weeks
Weight Gain: +2 pounds so 37 total! Pretty good for me!
Cravings: Chocolate and sweets
Contractions: Oh, yeah! I've had enough of them regular and strong enough to make me start time them and think about calling the hospital. My doctor said that they are helping make progress towards real labor.
Dilation/Effacement: I am 1 cm dilated, but no effacement. That gives me at least one more week to get stuff done and I go into labor
Good Moments: There are so many of them. Getting the nursery ready was a huge moment! It was so sad looking at all the clothes Colten and Carson have worn and outgrown. Another great moment was changing the calendar to the month I'm due in! I'm still loving every moment Cooper moves, even though they are often painful. I'm loving every time Colten and Carson want to feel Cooper move, ask if he's awake or asleep, or mention their baby brother. I'm sure it won't be quite as wonderful with a baby as the boys think it will be, but my heart melts every time the boys show their love for this baby.
What I miss: Being told how good I look, not being told that I look ready to pop! It doesn't matter where I go, strangers and friends alike give me the look that wonders when I'm going into labor. People tell me they're amazed I'm still walking regularly and going places with my kids. Even stranger is the look I get when I tell people I still have a month to go. Most people share the opinion that I'll go early. Even with being a little dilated early, I'm determined not to slow down for a couple more weeks. I'm not patient at the best of times, so sitting at home praying for labor won't help me.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Em, you ROCK! I'm proud of you for staying so positive, especially during this last arduous month! It's not easy to do it! And based on your photo, I think you look PHENOMENAL! Hang in there mama! Maybe one of these days I can bring my two down and meet both Carson and Cooper!!! We met Colton when he was right around a year and you were still living in your first home in Rochester!!!

Love to you!!!
Kristy

Barb said...

Hey Em - I think you look fabulous!!! I think you look nice & slender... & pregnant!