Friday, March 11, 2011

Seven Months Big!



Cooper,

You are now seven months old, and already your good looks and personality are showing strong. You have changed so much in these last few weeks.

You absolutely love to eat solids! If it tastes sweet, you will eat lots and lots of baby food. You also really want to eat bites of Mommy's food. I think I will be starting you on little bit size snacks in the next week or two. Right now you usually eat two good meals of food a day in addition to Mama's milk.

You still enjoy nursing lots and I love that we still have such a strong nursing bond. I just don't appreciate it at 2 a.m. I know you love your new foods, but your tummy sure doesn't. Gas medicine helps the problems a little, but Coop, something's gotta change. This mommy needs her sleep, and so do you.
This last month you have become very active and mobile. You can go from your tummy to sitting easily. Most important, you are CRAWLING! The motions aren't fast or the most graceful yet, but you can get where you want to go on all fours now. Sometimes you do the bellyflop or army crawl to get moving, but more and more you have the hands and knees in sync. This means I'll be finding the baby gate quick and all brothers' cool toys will soon be quarantined to their rooms.
Your looks keep changing quickly too. Looking at these pictures I'm seeing you're no longer my little baby, but you have that toddler/little boy look about you. Your hair is getting long and will need to be cut soon. Your personality is showing more too. You absolutely cannot stand being alone somewhere. You have to have someone, brothers, mommy, or daddy talking to you. This makes getting things done around the house interesting. For the most part you are a very happy baby. You just don't like missing out on any action happening around you.
My sweet darling, though the nights are long, the days are flying by and you are changing faster each day. I find myself wanting to hold on to these "baby days" more and more.

No comments: