Every year October 8th comes up fast and then it hits me...it's that day. Finally, three years after my miscarriage, I can look back and think about how my life changed. Three years ago I was dealing with this. That one day greatly affected my marriage, caused me to lose friends, to have to work hard to keep the friends I did have, to become depressed and wallow in my grief. I can see how much I've changed, as a mom, a wife, and teacher. I've recovered from depression and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy and child. I can say that I'm the happiest I've been since losing Taylor.
But...
Does a mother ever forget the day her baby dies? I get caught up a bit when I see little girls the same age as Taylor would be. Nothing really noticeable to others, but in my mind I stop and imagine having a child that age. And while I'm certainly not wallowing in grief today, I am taking just a few minutes to remember Taylor. Reading over the old blog posts brings back all those thoughts and memories, but today is for remembering the joy a child can bring, even if only for a short time.
No comments:
Post a Comment