Tuesday, January 29, 2008
The Last Nursing
Saturday was the last nursing for Carson. I've got mixed feelings about it, but there is very little I can do. Carson has become increasingly uninterested in nursing me or bottles so I've been storing up the snuggle memories for when he quit. I'm sad to miss the snuggling and closeness, but looking forward to wearing my old clothes and cute non-nursing bras. I'm hoping my body will finally let go of the last few pounds of baby weight it was desperately holding on to. My husband is excited to have his playthings back, but not that they will shrink to their demure size. I think it will be easier to end it now when Carson wants to and not have to deal with stopping it when he is much older. Now my husband does have to take equal turns getting up with a cranky teething baby at night, becuase he no longer needs just me. I guess it is time to pack away the bras and pump, remember the snuggles, and enjoy the freedom. I guess I'm just a little sad because this is the first step of independence, and my little baby is now a fast paced toddler!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no, major moment of motherhood as your baby grows up. Enjoy the snuggle memories.
Post a Comment