Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why husbands are handy to have around

It was really windy last night and I was wondering all night when the power would go out and how late I'd be getting up this morning. Well the power didn't go out and I was on time going in to work, until I almost ran into the fir tree across our road. I immediately got on the cell phone to the husband. "There's a tree across the road and I can't back up and turn around. Can you come fix it!?" Nice husband left Colten watching cartoons, got dressed, and hurried down the hill to help. A few minutes with his manly chainsaw and the trees (there were actually two) were small pieces that he could move quickly. A quick "Thanks honey" and he was off to get the boys ready and I was on my way into work. Downed trees is just one more downfall to living in the boonies, but it was kinda sexy to see my man fixing something for me. It made my day!

1 comment:

Lena said...

They are handy aren't they?

Glad to hear you didn't slam into the trees across the road.