Everyone in my house is finally healthy and back to normal, well except for my pink eye. Carson's appetite finally returned, and though Colten keeps telling us his tummy hurts, he still wants to eat snacks and we know it is a lame game of control.
I was a wonderful wife and watched the kids all day Saturday so my hubby could go quad riding with his friends out in the real wilderness across from our house. I played with the boys and had a nice time. It is not always easy to play with my children, especially when someone else is in the house and is often ignoring them. Not that Tony is a bad father, but more often than not the TV is on and he is getting upset at the kids for being too loud. It makes me wonder if having the TV and radio on so much are responsible for the speach delays of my boys. No proof, but I just wonder. So I really played with the boys on Saturday and kept the TV and radio off. I did have them entertain each other for a while so I could finally get our taxes ready to file. I'd been waiting for a month to get my husband's W-2. I hate how slow the paperwork is in small po-dunk towns.
My husband (reluctantly) returned the kid-watching favor and kept Colten outside all day Sunday and even put the boys to bed since I got them up and fixed breakfast with them. I really needed the time to dive into the hours of correcting I had. Why I ever decided to become a teacher I don't know some days. I did get to sleep early and even have been remembering my wonderful eyedrops. Now my eyes only itch a little and are no longer an alarming shade of red which my students all pointed out so well on Friday.
It was amazing what a phone call to our contractor did for the pace of our addition. They actually worked a full day on Friday and we now have a floor and two walls up. Hopefully they will get more done today. Only bad thing, they haven't re-vented our furnace vent so we have to leave the garage door open for the fumes to get out.
1 comment:
Hey Emily! Good to see you in the blogging world! It's been a long time since we last talked, and I'm glad you see that you're doing well. :)
Post a Comment