Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise!

Yesterday morning my husband informed me he was staying home to "relax" and taking the boys to the sitter. I was furious, wondering, "Didn't you relax enough on Sunday for the eight hours you spent at a friends super bowl party drinking and playing poker?!?" Not that I told him so. I just told the husband that if he was staying home and I was spending $40 for the sitter, he had to clean the house for Carson's birthday party. Not that I expected anything done.
I got home and my house husband had actually cleaned!! He had dusted all the pictures and nicknacks, scraped the stickers and kid drool off the coffee tables, and even folded and put laundry away!! The best part was he cleaned the kitchen, did the dishes, and even made dinner; a recipe out of one of my cooking magazines! I walked in after work loaded down with kids and stuff to a great smelling dinner and a clean house. I was very pleased, and tried to show him how happy I was. After dinner he took Colten to a high school basketball game and even put Colten to bed for me. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

That is impressive! Congrats ... and, to the hubby, nice work!

Jenny said...

Wow! That's a great surprise! Well done, T.