Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A new addition to the household!

Yesterday I bought a refrigerator, a new one. Our old one was only six years old, but in those six years we have constantly been having problems with it keeping the freezer frozen, and the food cold. We have had new thermostats and even a new compressor put on it, but still it was giving us grief. Maybe it was the HOT weather this last weekend that messed it up. I just know that the state of ice cream in the freezer went from being soft to runny Monday night. Tony and I talked about what to do. Do we just wait for it to really die, or pay the absurd house call fee for someone to come and look at it again? We finally decided to turn it to the coldest setting and see if that helped. The fridge was on all night long running and the next morning, while things were cool, they weren't cold. The frozen stuff was soft still, and the produce in the fridge was starting to go bad. I spent my day shopping for a new refrigerator instead of cleaning and sanitizing the camping trailer for next week. The new fridge is nice, but a bit smaller than our old one. It still fits all the food we have just fine and the price was right! $400! Tony doesn't like that it is smaller and there are gaps on the sides of it now between the cabinets and walls. I told him that if he didn't like it he needed to take it back and get another one. He was the one who sent me shopping for it in the first place because he was too busy to go with me. He asked me what the price on one like our old one was and it was $650! He then decided that the new one was just fine. So if any of you are in need of a cool, but not cold refrigerator, one is available. I think we will just sell it to a used place. They will probably be able to clean it and replace one small part and then sell it for $500. We just didn't want to bother anymore!

No comments: