I live in the country. I knew there would be lots of wildlife when we bought this lot, but I thought I could handle it. Deer are cute, passive, mellow creatures, until they get a taste of my roses. Those of you who have seen my roses, can visualize them as they were a month ago, covered with blooms and leaves. The deer have now stripped my roses to only a few blooms out of their reach and there are no leaves left on the plant. My husband was really gallant and offered to by one of the motion detecting sprinklers, but I've resigned myself to the fact that this is the state they will stay in. Nothing will help my roses until next summer. I did mention to my husband though that if he wants to pee in the general area of the roses, (not on them!) that might help keep the pests away. It might have worked. There were no new nibbles last night.
All my boys have been sick with the flu this week. Colten got it Sunday and Carson Monday. Tony was a champ and stayed home with them both days, even though he only slept a few hours each night and felt sick himself. Colten is such a champ at taking medicine and will probably go back to preschool on Friday. He still has a cough so I'm keeping him at the sitter's tomorrow. Carson refuses to take any medicine and instead looks at you and screams. Last night I forced some meds down him so he slept a while, and I hope tonight is better. He took the meds reluctantly, but without spitting them back out at me! Now if only I could get the yellow gook out of his eyes, he could start feeling better!
Now if only I can keep myself from getting sick before I go to outdoor school. I'm stressed out enough without worrying about one more thing. This week and weekend are so busy getting classroom and personal stuff packed to go. And then I need to be at school awake and greeting nerve-wracked parents at 8:00 Monday morning! The things I do for my job!
No comments:
Post a Comment