My husband found out yesterday that he got the job he interviewed for last week! This will be the first time in 9 years that he won't be working in the tiny town of Rainier! There were over 120 applicants, only five were interviewed, and my hubby got the job! He will be working in a neighboring town in the city's waste water plant. I know it sound stinky, but he's toured the facility and said it isn't at all. He starts in 2 weeks and since it is a union job, makes quite a bit more with excellent benefits and vacation time. His sick leave won't transfer over, so how he'll take time off when the baby comes will be interesting. The only bummer is that once he's trained, he will either have Friday/Saturday off, or Sunday/Monday off. It will make family time together interesting, but cut down on the babysitting bill.
I am only days away from entering my third decade of life. I've tried not to think too much about the approaching day, but it still sits on my mind. Everyone keeps asking what I want, and it's simple; not to fix dinner. My mom is walking her marathon that day, but is making a cake for me. My husband and MIL have put their heads together about what to do for dinner. I don't really care, as long as I don't have to do it. It is strange because I will no long be in my 20's, but 30. All of the girlfriends out there are rolling their eyes reading this because they've already surpassed this milestone.
Some students gave me the cutest little baby clothes the other day as a gift. They just couldn't resist the cute clothes at Target. It got me thinking about how I haven't really given much thought to the new baby at all. Other than a belly and boobs, life is as normal as could be. I'm not focusing on getting baby stuff out or getting a room ready. I haven't shopped at the stores or started a list of things I need. With my other two boys I was focused on my pregnancy and being ready from day one. I almost feel like I'm ignoring this baby and don't want it to be that way. I wanted another baby, but with Carson still in his crib with all the baby stuff there, I can't really get ready for the new one until we get him out. I just need to get my mind on the baby and stop losing sleep over ridiculous stuff.
1 comment:
Just the other day I was trying to remember which of us is younger. Ha, ha, I'm the only one left!
Post a Comment