Wednesday, August 12, 2009

another milestone met

I went with the boys for my first school-shopping adventure today. We also paired it with a $ movie at the mall theater so it wasn't all torturous. (I spent $3 admission and $9 for concessions!) We did manage to get almost all of Colten's supplies at one store and only need the clean/empty frosting container (we need to eat some soon) and the disinfecting wipes. I also found the boys some cheap, decent looking shoes, but nothing to jump up and down about. After the movie we went to Baby Gap where I used the gift card I've had since Carson was born to buy each kid two long sleeved shirts.

We venture into Penny's and they had Sketchers shoes on sale. I like them, Colten's had a pair for a year and they are still holding up well, so we looked. The boys did jump for joy at the sight of those shoes. I had only planned on getting Sketchers for Colten, but Carson found these white "Cars" shoes and was pitching a fit. I got him hooked on a light up pair that was only $10 more than the cheap ones, and both boys were happy. Carson HAD to wear his out of the store. He wouldn't even let the nice lady cut the tag off them.

Last stop was Old Navy and each boy got some jeans (they have slim ones for my butt-less boys!) and a couple long sleeved shirts. All the purchases have been put away in anticipation of the first week of school. I survived this year. I'm over budget, but I'm happy for hand-me-downs more now.

No comments: