Saturday, August 15, 2009

What a difference a year makes

One year ago this week I saw my "summer surprise" for the first time. The baby was healty with arms and legs and a strong heartbeat at almost 12 weeks. My biggest worry that day was if I was having twins (my mom had a dream) I remember rushing over to my school right after the ultrasound and announcing it to my HR person and principals.

I clearly remember voicing my fears of a miscarriage to my doctor and clinging to the news that there was a less than 5% chance of miscarrying after seeing the heartbeat. Tony and I started telling all the world our news, having no clue how fast that would change in 6 short weeks. How I wish I could go back to that day and still have the innocence and joy I felt then.

No comments: