Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tick...Tick...Tick...Tick..

.... that's the sound of my biological clock ticking down. I only wish the clock would tell me how much time is left until I have this baby. I am officially overdue with this baby and have also lost all composure and compassion. It is August 1st. I'm supposed to be holding a baby now, not waiting for labor to start. I'm starting to go crazy with waiting.
I am tired, averaging only 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Why? I get contractions most nights. Not that they are serious enough for me to get excited and wake up Tony, but they are painful enough to wake me out of a dead sleep. I'm VERY uncomfortable. This baby has dropped and usually sits right on my bladder which contributes to 10-12 trips to the toilet a day. The veins in my legs are bothering me again so I'm back to stuffing myself into support stockings every morning to keep me more comfortable.
I've grown tired of people everywhere giving me a shocked look when they see me. Tony and I went to dinner the other night and the waitress saw me walk in and really loudly said, "Whoa!". The cashier at the grocery store asked when I was due, and when I told her last week she was all, "Oh, you poor thing!". I'm so tired of explaining that I'm past my due date and then dealing with the advice from everyone about what to do to start labor! Believe me people, I've tried it all. Only two things I've not done; Castor oil and black/blue cohosh. I won't do either of those because of problems caused during labors.
The loving and caring wife and mother I am has been replaced by a hormonal, fire-breathing dragon. It takes only a phone call or silly comment to push me to tears and over the edge. My husband has been great about not being judgemental and just letting me cry everything out.
SO...... when am I going to have this baby? I'm hoping that 7 days would be enough time for Cooper to help me dilate and efface more than just 1 cm and 50%. I was supposed to be induced this last Thursday, the 29th; my due date. At my appt. Tuesday though, my doctor was concerned that if I were induced, I wouldn't progress and would wind up with a C-section. Not what I wanted to hear. So my next appointment is this Tuesday, and if things are hopefully improved from last week, she plans to induce on Wednesday.
I am frustrated. I was patient up until my due date, then the craziness started. If you'd asked me if I'd go overdue with this baby, I would have said never! My parents are flying out to Alabama this next week even, and will likely be missing Cooper's birth. I'm bummed of course because my mom has been there when Colten and Carson were born. Knowing my mom isn't going to be here has certainly contributed to the crying jags.
Even with all this complaining (yeah, I know I'm a whiner), I do need to be thankful. This baby is still very healthy. He's squirmy enough still that I can be reassured that he is still doing well in there and being overdue isn't affecting him. I also do know some women that were due the same week as me and had their babies early, really early, and they have had health problems. I'm very eager to meet my little guy, but I'd like him healthy when I do.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It sucks and it's OK.