Cooper Alan, you are two weeks old today. It is amazing how fast the time goes by. You've grown so be in just 2 weeks. You are now 21 1/2 inches long and weigh in at 9 lbs. 2 oz. Your eyesight is alreay improving and you will turn your head to look at someone new. Your big brothers adore you and are great helpers with you; fetching diapers, giving you your binky, and talking to you to keep you happy. Everyone likes to ask how you are sleeping, and you sleep, but never when Mommy wants you to. You are starting to get into some kind of routine and will often sleep 3 hours in a stretch at night. I think I'm doing surprisingly well for being sleep deprived and not having any caffeine to stay awake. For the most part you are an easy going baby. You go everywhere the family goes and let just about anyone hold you. I'm still your favorite person though; I've got the food. I am constantly amazed at how strong you are. You can already pick your head up and turn it to the other side when you are on your tummy. I try to take time each day to just look at you. I marvel at the miracle you are, how perfect you are, and how fast you are growing.
How far along: Two Weeks post-partum
Weight gain (or loss): -13 pounds from when I went to the hospital
Cravings: Milk, chocolate still, ice cream!
Good moments: Every time you look at me with your milky little smile, watching you sleep and your facial expressions changing, watching you nurse and your love of food, just about everytime you're not screaming, which isn't often. Oh, and being able to sleep on my stomach again, not that I sleep that much though.
What I miss: Feeling you kick me from inside, trying to play "what's that body part?" I also miss having clothes that look good on me. All my 3rd trimester clothes hang on my body, while my normal clothes are still too tight. Many of my shirts are either too loose in the belly area and obviously maternity clothes, or too tight in the bust and gut and show my not-so-flattering belly. I'm going to have to do some digging to find my "fat" clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment