You are 2 months old now and growing so fast. I know your big, but I don't realize how big until I hold you close to other older babies. You are 24 inches long and 12 pounds, 1 ounce! No wonder you're outgrowing the 3-6 month clothes so fast!
I love every minute I have with you, and the time is flying by so fast. This last month you spent four days with me at 6th grade outdoor camp, CISPUS. You were incredible the entire time. You fussed a bit on the 2 1/2 hour drive up to camp, but you were wonderful from the first minute we got there! You slept in your K'Tan carrier or in someone else's arms while I was busy with camp stuff. You slept most of each night snuggled up with me in my sleeping bag and rarely cried at all. You were the most popular camper in the entire place. You charmed students, counselors, and all the volunteers and camp staff. The biggest problem you caused was that only one person could hold and cuddle with you at a time. You even got a part in one of the cabin skits!
You have not yet gotten a schedule yet, but you are becoming more predictable for taking naps. You are also sleeping longer periods at night, usually 3-4 hours a stretch, though a couple nights you have been up hourly! You are also eating so much. You are always interested in eating, no matter where we are. All that food is helping you grow so fast too.
The best change in this last month is how you can now be entertained by someone other than Mommy! You now enjoy sitting in your bouncy seat or floor mat and looking around and at the toys. This means that Mommy usually gets to eat dinner or get things done for 20 minutes while you are entertained. You have also been spending lots of time with the grandmas getting used to other people caring for you, not just Mommy. We all love the smiles and coos you are so generous in sharing. I can't wait to watch you grow this next month!
No comments:
Post a Comment