Cooper and I have a common problem: nothing seems to fit just right.
Having a baby always causes wardrobe issues. When first pregnant it is that all my normal clothes are too small and the maternity clothes are too big. Then the maternity clothes start to get too small. Once the baby comes, a mom would hope that she can fit back into her "normal" clothes pretty quick. Not the case for me. I am not one of those blessed people who can nurse their child and watch the pounds and fat melt away from their body. More than two months after having Cooper, I still weight the same I did two weeks after giving birth!
I have had to make a tough choice after having Cooper; do I cut back on my eating and start exercising more to lose the baby weight, possibly compromising my milk supply, or do I eat and rest when I need to and just suck it up and buy some new "fat" clothes? I'm stuck trying to do a little of both without costing me more money. Most of my pants are pathetically too small for me, and even the "fat" pants I have from after I had Carson are too small. Creating time to exercise is a daily challenge for me and yet, I know I need to do this. I'm not returning to work for six more weeks, but I have parent conferences coming up and sweat pants and old T-shirts just won't cut it. I worked so hard last fall to lose weight and get skinny, and so many of my old clothes only accent the extra rolls and flabby parts when I wear them. So I am trying to get my clothes to magically fit, but still eat enough to keep from shorting Cooper calories.
Cooper is having similar clothes issues. He is growing so fast and disproportionately that many of his clothes don't fit right. Cooper is 97th %tile in length and still growing fast. He has a very long torso, but short(er) legs and arms. This means that one piece outfits don't fit well unless they are 6-9 month sizes. Onesies are too small in the 3-6 month size and I need to find some in the 6-9 month size box. Pants that are 3-6 months size fit, but other 3-6 month size clothes are big on him. This makes for mixing and matching pieces to get outfits that fit.
I've also started boxing up the clothes that are too small. Some still have tags on them, Cooper out-grew them so fast. I'll pass these on to people who need them. It is so sad seeing all the clothes I've gotten for all three boys over time as gifts now outgrown. I always told myself I would take all the adorable outfits and make a quilt of all the cute materials and decals. Now I'm looking at all these clothes and can't see myself having the time or energy to make a quilt. I've also got a problem cutting up all these functional (and mostly stain-free) clothes when I could pass them on to someone who needs them. I also don't have storage space for how many clothes I would keep if I were to make the quilt later, and then I have to wonder where this quilt would be kept or shown and who it would be for. So in the end I decided that instead of making a quilt, I'd take picture of the different outfits (on Cooper and laid out) so I can remember. I did debate about whether or not to keep the outfits I brought the boys' home from the hospital in, and decided to pass those on as well. My future daughters-in-law will hopefully thank me for keeping less stuff to pass on when my boys are all grown. Now I just need a friend or sister-in-law to be expecting a boy and need some clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment