Friday, October 8, 2010

It's been a rough road to here

Today marks the two year anniversary of when I miscarried my sweet baby Taylor. Looking back at my old posts from my miscarriage and then from last year, I was so buried in grief and without much hope of getting pregnant again. It has been a long and hard two years to get to this point.
Friends have asked me if having had Cooper has made losing Taylor easier. Having had a successful pregnancy DOES make the grief easier to cope with. Cooper doesn't replace Taylor at all, but does help. I don't think I'll ever forget Taylor or forget this date each year, but I can think about pregnancy in a positive way now.
I sit here now, sleep deprived, cuddling my darling Cooper, and can't help but wonder what I would be doing differently if I had a 18 month old running around too. I don't have much time to sit and wonder, and I don't do it very often anymore, but I do occasionally think about how things might be different. One positive thing: the orchid Tony bought me for Taylor's due date is re-blooming. It is so beautiful to look at and remember my sweet lost angel.

No comments: