Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Five months old!

Dear Cooper,
I know this letter is a week late, but you keep me so busy I hardly have time to sit down. You continue to change almost daily sometimes. This last month you've learned to reach out and grab stuff around you, and it usually goes in your mouth. You can also sit up pretty well if I set you up first, and you ALWAYS want to be sitting up watching the action. Lying down is no longer entertaining and you voice your opinion regularly. Your exersaucer is also entertaining still. You won't sleep through the night, but have been getting better at sleeping a little longer. Some nights I'm up with you lots, some only once. You are interested in everything going on around you, especially those noisy big brothers, and often get distracted nursing or fight to stay awake even when you are exhausted. The car seat is still you Nemesis and I don't think that is going to change, ever.
I just love talking with you and watching what a happy baby you are. Sometimes I'll look at you and see my brother, other times a cousin, then at the next glance you look just like your brothers. Your brothers do love you so much. Colten really likes playing peek-a-boo with you and getting you to shake with your belly laughs. Carson gives you toys to chew on and play with. Both brothers give kisses freely and laugh when you try to grab them.
Though the day-to-day is sometimes tough with you (you had your first bad cold last week), I wish I could bottle these days up and save them for when you're too big to cuddle with. The time is passing too fast and I don't want to miss a minute.

No comments: