My sweet baby Cooper,
You are six months old. How half a year has passed, I don’t know, but the time has gone by too fast. You have changed so much in this last month. You’ve gone from being a “lump” baby to a “moving” baby. You are no longer content to sit in my arms and just watch the world around you. Even the toys on the high chair or exer-saucer bore you. Cooper, you want to be moving! And move you can! You can roll from side to side and can flip so quick, diapering you has become a challenge. You sit up on your own so well and love to look around at the new view. Your favorite thing to do right now is get up on your hands and knees and rock back and forth. You also like to “swim” on your belly with your arms and legs moving as fast as you can. I no longer find you in the same place I put you on the floor. You will roll, turn, and scoot your way over to whatever catches you interest. Soon I will be putting up the baby gates and shutting doors to rooms to keep you contained. Your brothers will quickly realize that most of their toys will need to stay in their rooms if they want to play without you interrupting.
Your hands and feet are still favorite things to chew on, but you are also fascinated by electronics. Cell phones, remotes, games; if it has buttons you want it. As much as you are chewing and drooling I’m sure some teeth will be appearing soon, but you can wait as long as you want to get them.
This last month you also started some solid foods. You’ve had rice and oatmeal cereals so far and are getting the hang of spoon feeding. You will eat a pretty good amount of cereal when you are hungry. I haven’t started fruits or veggies yet, simply because I’m trying to get into the routine of feeding you at every dinner time before I start on new things. I want you to have the skills to eating before spending money on baby food that you will just spit out.
You still love to nurse, but I have had to move my nursing rocker from my room to your room. You do much better without distractions when there is just Mommy who needs your attention. You still wake up several times in the night, but usually just nurse quick and go back to sleep. Speaking of sleep, you are sleeping all the time in your big crib now. You’ve quickly outgrown the cradle, and though you sometimes snuggle and nurse in the night with Mommy, you spend most of the time sleeping in you crib. As frustrating as it is climbing up and down the stairs at night, I still love every minute of your snuggles I can get, even if I’m mostly asleep doing it.
Your temperament is still very go with the flow, though you do show signs of a temper in there when I don’t do what you want fast enough. You don’t have much patience either when there is something you want right then. You do much better in the car seat though. We haven’t taken any long trips recently though, so it could just be the lack of time spent in the seat.
I can't seem to get enough time to just watch how much you grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment