This entire pregnancy I've been waiting for something bad to happen. Not that anything has, I'm just constantly worried about everything; eating too much/little, getting enough sleep, feeling the baby move enough, etc... My last pregnancies I could sit back and relax and live for the moment I felt those flutters and be thankful for each one. Maybe it's just because this is in my mind my last baby, or I'm just being crazy, but instead of relaxing and enjoying the moments, I'm worrying. It's even keeping me up at night and I'm sure it's not great for my blood pressure. So I start trying to research what I should be feeling and doing on the Internet. There are so many websites devoted to pregnancy, but even more sites and blogs are devoted to lost babies. I resisted what I could, but wound up looking at some of those blogs. Not only did it freak me out about just getting to 40 weeks, but now I'm worrying about labor and delivery! Those of you who heard about my last one, you know the only thing I need to worry about is getting to the hospital in time! If I survive this pregnancy, I sure hope all this stress and worrying goes away, because I can't be stressed out with a newborn. I've never been a really worrying mom, but I can't continue stressing out about all the "what ifs" after I have this kid.
Our ultrasound is Wednesday afternoon and hopefully all will be healthy so that might help quell these thoughts I'm stressing over. We hope for a peak at if it is a boy or a girl this time too! Knowing my luck, the baby will be stubborn, just like its dad though.
2 comments:
And such a good thing that baby mommy is such a relaxed and easy-going type person....
Do remember, that at 18 weeks you might not feel the baby move everyday, but by 24 weeks you should be feeling some kicks every day. Movement peaks at around 34 weeks, then slightly decreases until term.
Get off the internets. You can always call me, anytime.
I worried a lot more the second time. Hopefully as you get closer it'll work it's way through. Maybe this is because you finally got internet at home?
Post a Comment