Wednesday, May 13, 2009

RIF

Three little letters that change a life in a moment. R...I...F.... So similar to RIP

For those of you not knowing that term, RIF mean "Reduction In Force", in other words: laid off. I started my day at school with my superintendnet announcing that the school board authorized RIF'ing no only the previously known 6, but was giving notices to 20 teachers! We only have a staff of 38! That meant that while I was under the impression I was "safe" from lay offs, I was now without a job for next year! Scary!

Good news is that it is likely that I am going to be hired back, but I don't know what I'll be teaching, or when I'll get hired back. I can only be happy that I am higher up on the list and have the option of getting hired back. Other teachers are getting their jobs eleminated or are having their programs cut. Just pray that I find out soon about the hire backs and can get a job for next year.

2 comments:

Lena said...

So sorry to hear this Em, I hope it all works out for you. Hugs!

Jody said...

Yikes, I'm sorry. That has got to be scary. I hope it all works out for you, and quickly.