I realized today that I kinda left everything hanging with the job and life here.
Tonight I went on a date with one of my favorite guys, Colten. We had sandwiches at dinner and then saw "Night at the Museum" in the theater. Colten had a great time and loaded up on popcorn, soda, and candy. It was a great time just to hang out with him and have fun.
Work is going ok. Memorial weekend is here and the countdown is on. I have a vision of extreme busy-ness for the next month. It will be enough just to survive the next month and end the year with everything complete. Between planning outdoor school and the yearbook for next year, and dealing with my pet project and grading for the current year, I'm swamped. The district posted 17 teaching positions this week, and I am hoping to hear some good news jobwise this next week. I've filled out the right paperwork and hey, there aren't very many crazy people who volunteer to teach bad-mouthed, hormonally charged teenagers all days, so I'm really hoping for some good news.
When times get tough it is so very easy to get down and nasty. I've found these last few weeks so easy to look at friends and think, they've never had to worry about money and can still do what ever they want. What about me? This week I realized how pitiful that attitude has been. I talked with a friend who lost her baby to pre-term labor the day after Christmas. Now, their home is being foreclosed upon, they're moving in with the folks and selling ALL their belongings, like open up the doors and if you like something make an offer selling things. Her husband is having difficulties finding work in the construction industry, and they have so very many bills. I would be devistated, sad, mad, and everything in between, yet my friend tells her kids it is just another adventure in life and that somewhere out there, God's got something better. So can I really wallow in my rediculous RIF when this gal has had so much loss in the last 6 months and she can still smile and look forward. So I'm trying not to look at what everyone else has that I don't, but instead look at the blessings I do have and how I can share what I've got. It's not easy, but the sunshine helps make it work.
No comments:
Post a Comment