Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ten years




Ten years ago today Tony and I were married. We were so young then (we sure look young) and it hasn't been easy. Tony and I have both changed jobs, houses, and added three kids to the mix so it's not the plan I originally had, but it has been interesting.
A year ago I didn't know if we would even make it through another year. We've had some very trying times. Last year Tony and I had different goals for ourselves and were both drained emotionally. Though not perfect, this last year has been filled with blessings and we have grown together again.
Tony and I always talked about celebrating our 10 year anniversary by throwing a big party. We had a simple (read cheap) wedding and wanted the party we didn't have then. Instead we have a new baby and a busy life. Maybe for our 20 year we'll have the party. This year we're going to a nice dinner and see a movie. My mom's watching the two older boys so Cooper will be joining us for dinner which is just fine.
Tony and I aren't usually big on presents, but this year I'm getting the family diamond re-set to upgrade my engagement ring. The diamond has been in Tony's family for four generations and was given to me in a simple setting my in-laws picked out to mail it in. I haven't gotten the ring yet, but Tony showed me the settings he likes so it shouldn't be too long before I'll get the setting.

1 comment:

Lena said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!