For all of you out there who read this (all 5) that are stay at home moms, I truly admire the fact that you stay at home all the time with your children and they survive! At the beginning of summer I thought it would be easier to stay at home with the kids and not fill up the days with swimming lessons, soccer lessons, and a multitude of errands to run. Being newly pregnant I thought not only that this would save money from the lessons and gas, but give me more time to be at home and get things done. I think I'm starting to go crazy at home.
Colten has been very whiny since he went camping for ten days, and after ten days without hearing his pathetic whining, I've lost all tolerance for even a little bit of it. I've become the "time-out" Nazi with a timer in one hand and wooden spoon in the other. Colten is constantly in time out and keeps telling me he wants to be nice and not whine, but he doesn't show me any different behavior. Carson, after seeing how his brother acts, has decided that 18 months is the right time to start throwing temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. He's been in time out as well. All I want are my boys to play nicely and make the last two weeks of summer easy for me. I would like to actually feel guilty having to leave them with a sitter, instead of jumping for joy at the thought of getting away from my children to go deal with middle school students!
I've tried taking the boys outside to play because they like being outside, but also because you can ignore/ not hear the whining so bad. That is until they soak themselves playing in the dog's pool, or bean each other with sticks, or fight over the "cool" red car until one of them has their toes run over and a scraped knee. (girlfriends, you know what I'm talking about!)
I wonder if my day would go better if I still felt really lousy and didn't set such high expectations for what I want to get done. I've done more in the last two days alone, than the entire summer! Maybe I need a nap instead of spending my time blogging.
1 comment:
Well, sometimes the children are very close to not surviving ... usually about 5 minutes before Daddy comes home and we hand them over with the voice: "Take care of YOUR children." :)
I'm glad you got stuff done today.
School start soon enough for everyone, then order is restored again.
Post a Comment