There is only one healthy baby! I've tried to post the picture of the ultrasound several times but it just isn't working between computers and scanners. I'll try it again soon and add the picture in. We've got a really cute one. The doctor says that everything is great and has a strong heartbeat of 174 bpm. The baby is measuring about four days larger than my due date, but that we will keep the date as March 6, 2009. I've only gained 3 pounds so far! This is great, but once my appetite returns, that will change fast. We told Colten about the baby tonight and showed him pictures of the ultrasound. He seemed interested in if the new baby would be nice or mean to him, but is still thinking about if he wants a brother or sister.
The best news of the visit is the doctor told me to take Unisom to help me sleep through the night and for the nausea. The other night I tossed and turned for hours before falling asleep (even though I was exhausted) and then right at 1:00 am, I woke up and my mind was just running in overdrive. I was certain there was a swarm of baby spiders crawling under the bed and every time something touched me I freaked out thinking that it was a spider. I really wanted to wake hubby up and take apart the bed, but instead I sat and watched the time pass. I tried the unisom last night and fell right asleep. The dogs woke me up howling at police sirens at midnight, but I fell right back asleep. I was still kinda groggy this morning, but even better, the nausea is much better. I could actually eat and then go do things without crashing on the couch wanting to puke! I even had energy to get things done today and put the boys to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be even more productive so I can catch up on all the things I've been neglecting.
*Next doctor's appointment: September 10th.
1 comment:
Yeah for one healthy baby!
I'm so happy and relieved for you and some help to sleep sounds wonderful too.
Post a Comment