Monday, August 11, 2008

Back from Camping

We went to our church's family camp this last week and just got back. The camp is in the foothills of Mt. Rainier and is really beautiful. It's not that far from our house either, so all the things we forgot when we packed in a hurry, we went back and got the next day. The weather this year was lousy though. It rained most of the time! Friday was nice enough for us to take the kids down to the lake to go swimming. It was Carson's first time in his swim shorts, and even though they are size 18 mos, he doesn't have enough butt to keep them up. He had a great time standing in the water and throwing rocks. Eventually he got cold and uncomfortable with rocks in his sandals and fussed. He cheered up with animal crackers though.




Colten actually went swimming willingly and wanted to go more, but it rained Saturday afternoon. He even remembered some of the things he learned in swimming lessons the last few summers. I don't feel as guilty about not doing lessons this summer now, knowing that he remembered something.

As far as the camping went, it was fun to visit with friends from church, but tiring. We didn't get much sleep and the boys were up all the time wanting to play.


As far as the pregnancy goes, I'm worse that before and praying for the next two weeks to fly by. I've never wanted to have summer over quickly before, but if it means I'll be feeling better, I want it over. I have my first ultrasound tomorrow and I'm actually nervous. I've never been this sick with a baby before, and though I tell myself everything is fine, I'm worrying about everything. I worry that there's no heartbeat, or worse, no baby, and even though this was the most unplanned pregnancy, I want everything to be healthy. I know my mom is anxious to find out if I'm having twins or not! She had a dream.... I'll scan in the ultrasound picture and post the proof tomorrow.

No comments: