I have been rather lazy these last few days. Maybe it is because I've been back to work this week (M-W) or because I'm trying to relax before the start of school. I haven't cooked the last few nights, but it's not without tummy consequences. Oh, the kids are fine. They can eat anything. I've been craving cheese and fried foods. So what do we get? Mexican last night at the local Mexican place. The kids were good and the food was great. The salsa wasn't as good as I remember, but my enchiladas and beans were loaded with gooey cheese! Then today Tony and I went to visit his grandparents and test drive the Jeep they are selling to us. By the time we got done with that errand and a quick trip to the bank (Payday!), it was late and the kids were fussy. I only seem to crave KFC when pregnant. The last time we bought it I was 7 months along with Carson. I have been craving fried chicken for weeks, ever since the coupon flier came in the paper! So I talked Tony into stopping. How could he argue if I was buying? I got a 9 piece meal of extra crispy with potatoes and beans. My husband was rather upset about not getting coleslaw when that was the one thing he'd been wanting, but I don't like it and didn't get any. Colten claims it is the best meal ever and thanked me for getting it.
All this good calorie laden food has taken its toll on us adults in our stomachs. After too many days of beans (Taco Bell, bean dip, Mexican, KFC) our stomachs are roiling and rumbling all night long. It will make sleeping tonight interesting, but I am looking forward to leftovers at midnight.
I haven't slept well the past two nights, probably because I haven't taken the Unisom at night. I'm trying to make sure I'm not hooked on it. Yesterday my nausea was gone, but today I almost lost it in the car. Maybe it was the Mexican starting up. I figure I'm into my second trimester now and should be feeling good without the medicine. How will I know when I'm feeling better, by being off the medicine. I've felt awful today, but hope to sleep well tonight. I just keep waking up hungry at 12:30 and don't want to get up and eat, not that there is much at the end of the month, and instead try to fall back asleep and stare at the clock for an hour. Not very good when sleep is what make me happiest. If things don't get better by Tuesday I'll take the medicine again, just because I need my sleep for teaching.
Yesterday we got my classroom mostly set up and my mom helped me move her turtles into my class. I now have class pets! The boys ran up and down the halls while my mom put up bulletin boards and I pestered the secretary for yet another updated class list. Being a small district means we have scheduling nightmares. I've seen three different class lists so far this week, but I like the latest one the best. I think the only changes now will be from the picky parents who want to request a specific teacher because they don't like me, or those who want me because they don't like another teacher. It drives us all crazy, but for some reason they just can't tell the parents no and to deal with it!
As for my two children, Carson learned two new words this week: All Done and bye-bye. He is so cute copying everything we say and gets so excited when we correctly repeat what he says. Colten has been very fussy this week and I think it's because he isn't sleeping well. He is also trying to make his opinion known to Tony and I, but isn't realizing we are still in charge. Colten still thinks that when he wants something he still gets it, even when we say no, and he throws a fit. It's a tough lesson, but it's a good one to know!
Colten did come to me tonight all upset claiming something was up his nose! I looked, but didn't see anything and told him to go tell daddy. Daddy looks and finds a Styrofoam ball from the bean bag chairs up it. Colten then had to explain through his hysteria how it got up there. We eventually discovered he put it up there on purpose. He has NEVER put anything up his nose! But I think this experience will discourage further exploration of what does and doesn't fit in his nostril!
No comments:
Post a Comment