Monday, September 1, 2008

8 years of wedded bliss?

Ok, so it wasn't all bliss, but 8 years is a long time in my mind to be married together and 9 years is my longest relationship so far, and still going strong. I know, those of you who know, my anniversary isn't until tomorrow! Well, when you're a teacher and mom, you celebrate when you can. I'm working a 12+ hour day tomorrow, so Tony and I went out last night.
My in-laws were wonderful and watched the boys. They fixed them dinner and put them to bed for us. Tony and I went and did a little shopping first, I need maternity tops, and then went to a movie. We only get to see movies about once a year because that's all we can afford it. We went and saw "The Dark Knight". It was ok for me to watch, but I have a tough time watching any kind of violence when I'm pregnant, so I had my eyes closed for the gorey parts. It was good to see Heath Ledger's last film, but since I didn't see him without make up or hear the cool Aussie accent, it wasn't the same experience. I'll just have to watch an oldie to get a dose of his hotness! The best part about the movie is we had a gift card, so the entire thing, including concessions, was free!
After the movie we went to dinner. Tony had a gift card to Red Lobster from his birthday that we decided to use. Usually what we order depends upon the price, but this time it was nice because we ordered what we really wanted. I ate, and ate, and was stuffed with shrimp goodness by the time we left.
My appetite has really picked up, but then, so has my weight. All that good food and buttery sauce has taken a toll on our barely recovered tummies. Tonight is dinner at home and lots of veggies from mom's garden, hopefully that will fix the tummy problems.
I'm back to school tomorrow to finish classroom prep and open house night. Tony and the boys are going to NW Trek for the day and should have a lot more fun than I'll have at school. It's back to the regular routine now. Summer is officially over. It's hard to believe it, especially when the weather is supposed to be nice later this week.

1 comment:

Lena said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!