Sunday, April 5, 2009

My 6th Birthday (by Colten)

For my 6th birthday party I had my friend Keaton over to play and stay the night.
First we played in the tent with Carson. There is a tunnel that connects to the tent that is fun to chase each other through.

For lunch we had Mac 'n' Cheese and applesauce. Then we went to play outside.
We played in mud for hours. Keaton and I were building a road across the water in the mud.
We played on our "boat" and practiced catching fish in our nets and crab pots.
We were so muddy when we were done my mom made us strip and take a bath. She had to scrub the mud out of my hair.
Once we were clean we watched "Tom & Jerry" while Carson finished his nap.
This is on the way to Charlie's Safari where we were going to play and eat dinner.
Charlie's Safari has a huge jungle gym and bouncy toys along with a neat arcade. Mom tried to take pictures of us playing, but we were running to fast for the camera to catch. I'm playing a racing game with Daddy here.
When we got home we ate pink and orange ice cream (rainbow sherbert) because I asked for it and I blew out my candles.

Then I opened presents and got a neat Hummer toy with a quad on a trailer. Keaton got me a stomp rocket to play with.
I wanted to watch Cars and eat popcorn before going to bed so we did.
Carson ate some too. He like to watch Cars also.
When it was time to go to sleep we got in our sleeping bags in our tent. It was in my room. It was fun to sleep in the tent, just like camping.
This morning we got up and ate breakfast. Then we watched cartoons and colored pictures until it was time to go to church. It was a fun birthday and sleepover.

*** Mom and Dad survived the night fine without any calls for help, meltdowns, or wet beds. It was a great day and the boys want to do it again sometime.













No comments: