Monday, April 13, 2009
Potty training problems
We started potty training over spring break. It was interesting, but I have come to the conclusion that Carson is not quite ready yet. He would go if I sat him on the potty and we spent time there, but he wouldn't tell me he had to go. One thing he has learned is how to tell us he is wet or poopy and to change his diaper. Carson can also tell when he is in the process of going, but he just can't tell us before he needs to go. Hopefully he will progress along and we can finish training this summer. The worst thing about starting now is Carson will randomly want his diaper off and/or refuse to wear one. Driving me crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The potty training process is such a difficult one ... because it's the kids that rule this one. We as parents can only support them and try to assist them. Hang in there.
Take comfort in that you have already succeeded once (with Colten), so one day Carson will figure this out too on his schedule.
I don't envy you, Em. I was a nervous wreck with Bryce, but luckily he was ready when I was ready to start, so it didn't take too long. It's amazing how well it worked for us to just have him in big boy undies and a t-shirt. He only wet his undies a few times before he realized he didn't like them wet and he began to tell us before the fact.
Even now, though, we still have our occasional accident.
I'm with ya, sister. Hang in there!
Kristy
Post a Comment