Sunday, April 26, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

We went to Lincoln City, Oregon this weekend for my Grandma's 80th birthday. I haven't been in Lincoln City since the road trip my junior year of college with friends (Kristy) and my new(er) car. We drove down yesterday afternoon and wound up getting a room in the hotel (didn't plan to) because we were uncomfortable driving Oregon's "Death Hwy #18) back to McMinneville to stay with my grandparents. Tony and I had fun watching the boys on the beach and we got to relax with the family while eating great food and enjoying drinks. Both boys slept in until 7 am and after breakfast we headed off to visit my grandparents. We had a good visit and enjoyed lunch, then headed home. I feel like all I did this weekend was sit or drive. I'm hoping for some sleep tonight.


Both boys in their cute Easter outfits. Thanks Mom!
They wore these to the party last night.



We didn't intend to stay the night. Our room was on the bottom floor at the far left end. Nice and quiet and right on the beach for easy access for the boys to play in the sand.



Here is Carson digging in the sand.
Here is Colten digging "doggie style" for "treasures".




The only picture of me on the trip.





All my boys before heading to the water.









Carson's never been to an ocean beach before and was scared of the waves and the foam.





Colten drawing in the sand.









Carson enjoying the warm sand.









Boys challenging the waves and running from them.















Throwing sand at the waves

No comments: