My whole family (except me) was sick last week. I was just congratulating myself on avoiding another round of household illness, when I was caught by the cold. I made it through yesterday at school fully intending to be back today, if only a little medicated. I couldn't do it. I could barely walk to the bathroom to pee this morning, much less face my students and perform a science lab. So I called for a sub, any sub, this morning and frantically typed up some idiot-proof lesson plans to email in. Fortunately my principal gets to school early so he will have time to print out the lessons and make the necessary copies for my sub for today. So here I sit, alone at home, watching the rain. I'm prepared with my magazine, computer, juicy novel and box of tissues, ready for whatever this cold brings. I'm sticking to my bed, so I'm not turning up the heat (turned it off until fall) but I'm bundled up warm in sweats and hoodie. I'm praying that the snot will drain a little better so when I take a nap I can breath.
Normally I'd be planning what movie to watch and thinking about some delicious dessert to make for lunch on my day at home, but since I can barely move and food is the last thing on my mind, I think this is one nasty cold I've caught. Definitely not a normal "sick day" for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment