Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Dear Friends

Since I've been planning to stop trying for a baby, I've been a bad friend. I've been distancing myself from everything pregnancy and baby related, which includes some close friends who are pregnant. I've pretty much stopped all communication with them. I don't read their blogs, talk to them or see them. A few emails and notes have been all these last few months. I know my family is worried that I'm breaking some special friendships, and I don't have an abundance of friends. I HAD to do this though. I've got some nasty bitterness inside me, since I'm not getting pregnant, and I didn't want to say or do something that would destroy a friendship.

Thankfully, those three dear friends, who are all due in the next 6 months, are understanding where I'm at right now. I've gotten letters and notes from them saying they understand why I can't share their pregnancy joys right now. It is so very reassuring that these are truely wonderful friends to have and I'm sure I will be friends with them again, just not right now. So, you know who you are, but THANK YOU. It means so much to me that you are helping me get through this. :)

No comments: